Colorful Kitchen Cabinets
by Kelly Richardson
When faced with refacing your kitchen cabinets, you may want to paint them as well as replace the hardware. Here are some qualities that different colors bring to this busy room.
- Yellow. Yellow kitchen cabinets create instant warmth. This color is ideal for kitchens or any rooms, for that matter, that may be dark or face the north side of the house. As an added bonus, yellow goes well with many other colors and wood tones.
- Royal Blue. Royal blue kitchen cabinets are an unusual choice, but create a charming effect in the room. Add blue and yellow tiles on the backsplash and around the kitchen to accent the theme, and create a great color scheme.
- Medium Blue. Also known as dusty blue, this color adds a softening effect to the kitchen. Paint the ceilings and walls white to add more light, and install wood floors to create a cozy look.
- Green. Paint your kitchen cabinets yellow-green for a bold and dramatic look. Make the walls and trim white, and add stainless steel countertops and appliances for a truly unique statement.
- Vintage Green. This color, the shade of green tea ice cream, livens up a cream-colored kitchen. Complement the color scheme with some well-placed pieces of pottery.
More Kitchen Cabinet Colors
Other possible colors for your kitchen cabinets include vintage yellow, deep green, light green, olive green, vibrant red, and rosy red, As always, consult with a kitchen or painting expert before making a final decision. They will help you decide what works best for your kitchen and your home.
About the Author
Miriam Kasdan specializes in writing marketing and home improvement features. She earned a B.A. in Sociology from the University of California at Berkeley.